LIFE Resilias: 7 project years, making 1740 hectares of fragile ecosystems resilient; initiate the start for an additional 40,000 hectares
During the seven years of the project (2020-2027) Life Resilias will resilience approximately 1,740 hectares of vulnerable forest and natural ecosystems and monitor the progress. In addition, we initiate the execution of 40,000 hectares in the Netherlands and neighbouring countries, to be realised after the project period. This means that sharing knowledge with managers and other target groups is very important during this project.
LIFE Resilias in a nutshell
Essence of the project: To prevent and break the dominance of invasive alien species by strengthening the resilience of forests and nature areas.
Duration: September 2020 – August 2027
Partners: Bosgroep Zuid Nederland and Stichting Bargerveen
Budget: € 3.024.242,- of which € 1.8 million in the form of a LIFE grant
The aim of this project is to strengthen the resilience of ecosystems both during and after the project by:
- Restoring natural conditions in biotopes with unnatural high resource availability due to human activity.
- Minimising resource availability in man-made habitats.
- Introducing native species that can compete with invasive alien species in systems prior dominated by these invasive species
Inform and sharing knowledge
Within the project we use various platforms to share information and knowledge with the different target groups. For example, in addition to this project website, we also use the social media channels LinkedIn and Twitter. Furthermore, we foresee the following communication tools and moments:
- Brochure in Dutch, FR, DUI and ENG (ready in 2022)
- Start symposium (2022) and final symposium (2027)
- Presentations and excursions (during the project)
- Information boards and information panels (during the project)
- Articles (during the project)
- Newsletter and information moments (during the project)
- Layman’s report (2027)